As one of the nation's leading independent broker-dealers, Cambridge Investment Research Inc. continues to seek qualified and talented professionals. Cambridge is looking for a Solutions Architect with hands on expertise in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus. This role provides the opportunity to contribute to the technical direction and strategic decisions on the technology infrastructure, and help with proof of concept projects for new technologies and platforms. By becoming an essential member of the Cambridge team, you will be part of a versatile group of skilled professionals with technical depth and best-practice experience.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for the overall design of the application and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements and works as a team member to deliver the complete solution for the application. The Solution Architect is an integral part of the application team, which can be of various natures and sizes across the organization. This position is responsible for providing and contributing to the enterprise effort in the evaluation of technology, hardware capacity, vendor tools, application architecture, and infrastructure design.
Professional Skills required:
Hands-on expertise on one or more of the following technologies:
- Service Oriented Architecture : Message Oriented Middleware, JMS, Tibco EMS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ
- Enterprise Service Bus: Software AG Web Methods, WebSphere ,WSo2,Open Source ESB, Sonic ESB, Mule ESB
- Programming Languages: Microsoft C# (Preferred), Java/J2EE, including SOAP, RESTful, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML, etc.), common frameworks such as spring.net. Also Mocking tools : Rhino Mock, MOQ.
- Database technologies: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, NOSQL. Big Data, Object Oriented Database, Object Relational Mapping , Nhibernate
- ETL : Pentaho Data Integration, Informatica
Solid understanding of one or more of the following is required:
- Systems Design, Business Domains (Domain Driven Design), Data / information Modeling (ETL tool set, Business Intelligence Tools), Service-Orient Architecture, Message Oriented Middleware, Enterprise Service Bus, Business Process Management (BPM), High- availability/high-performance systems design
- Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Proven Solutions experience in large enterprises
- Object Oriented Application Development
- Architecture Design Patterns
- Test Driven Development
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly fluid environment.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with business, operations, and technology partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to rapidly ramp up in new business and technology areas.
- Self-starting, high energy level and exceptional work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written business and technical communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to make strategic assessments
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Motivated, self-directed, highly proactive attitude
- Should have participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices, certified scrum master is a plus
- Ability to support and implement an appropriate business-aligned strategic architecture vision.
- Must have good communication skills, be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated motivation and aptitude for learning new technologies. Must be able to learn new development tools and methodologies on the fly.
Education/ Experience required:
- BS in computer science or related field from a four-year college or university and at least 10 years work experience in Software Development - Financial Industry IT experience is a plus
Why Cambridge? At Cambridge, you control the journey by joining a growing, fast-paced company that will help you build a career beyond your expectations. You will be more than just a number at Cambridge!
- Company Values – Commitment, Integrity, Flexibility and Kindness
- Technical innovation – be part of a company that recognizes the critical importance of technology to our success and promote technical innovation as part of our leadership position in our industry
- Excel at your strengths - Be part of a mature Scrum/Agile team approach to software development that allows you to excel at what you do best
- Mentoring & Development - Advance your career through our technical mentoring program that is personalized to your goals, and an extensive in-house training program to develop your professional skills
- Stability – join a stable privately-owned company in business for 30 years, nationally recognized in its industry with an 18-member executive team averaging 20 years industry experience and no reduction in workforce in over 10 years
- Location – located in a dynamic community recognized as one of the Iowa Great Places featuring abundant recreation, sustainable living, and an entrepreneurial spirit uniquely found amongst the corn fields of southeastern Iowa.
- Benefits include - Medical, Dental, 401(K), Short and Long term disability, Paid Holidays (including your birthday) and away time, LEED certified building, Wellness Benefit, Casual Dress Attire, Half-Mile Walking Trail, Dry Cleaning Services, Carpooling benefit, Volunteer paid time off, Onsite Massage Therapy, Financial Planning Classes